Corporate Fraud Investigations
Since inception, Elliott Commercial's focus has been on assisting companies who have been the victims of corporate fraud. We assist to either recover those monies or to privately prosecute and deter fraudsters. We commonly deal with the following types of cases:
• fraud in joint venture contracts, such as the dishonest re-routing of a percentage of joint venture funds to one party
• fraud in commercial contracts with banks and financial institutions;
• theft, fraud, dishonesty or money laundering in relation to solicitors, accountants, and other professionals who have abused their position;
• any type of fraud or false misrepresentation in a business, employment or financial context which has resulted in loss to a company or individual;
• loan, insurance and mortgage fraud;
• data theft by ex-employees or current employees; and
• internal fraud within a company.
In order to successfully prosecute these frauds, a corporate fraud investigation is essential to gather evidence, identify defendants and trace misappropriated assets. We are happy to either guide your in-house personnel to undertake the required investigations or alternatively we can work together with appropriate and well respected experts to do this on your behalf. These experts include forensic accountants, auditors and data management experts.